What's new

Q: RT-AC68U and dualWAN, SIP, 3Gmodem.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cyborgpunte

Regular Contributor
I have tried to search, don't know should perhaps ask ASUS ??
If my post is wrongly placed please move it.

Are there any smarter way to accomplish these things below ?

RT-AC68U with Firmware:3.0.0.4.374.39 (Merlin build)

a)
I have functional failover (dualWAN) from WAN/fibre to my 3G modem, after less or about 2 minutes. (when 3G modem is in standby)
But when the WAN/fibre port have switched back from disconnected to Standby, it don't change back.
(perhaps because the watchdog is still functional with 3G modem)
is there a better way to switch back to WAN/fibre back then reboot ????? (long wait)

b)
And another weird thing I have to disable "SIP Passthrough" in "WAN - NAT Passthrough"
to get my SIP device (phone) to work with "my" SIP gateway placed at my phone operator.
((I have disabled UPnP and use static portforwards by myself, used with my earlier router too))
Shouldn't it be the other way around "SIP Passthrough" enabled ?????

c)
Some times when I reboot/powercycle my router I get errormezz on PINCODE (wich I use) on the 3G modem
I then go to WAN,internetconnection, USB in WANtype, and hit "apply" then the 3Gmodem kinda restarts
and become functional.
Perhaps the router starts faster then the 3Gmodem register itself with the phoneoperator.
Perhaps there is a workaround for this ????

BR & TIA
and Happy Valentine's

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!