What's new

QoS issues with Cisco WAP321 (EDCA values)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

erik1478

New Around Here
Hi!

I have a Cisco WAP321 PoE access point in my home to provide wifi. I get good speeds of around 50-70 Mbps when uploading (device to access point), but only about 20-30 when downloading (access point to device). This has been measured with several devices both with speedtest over my 100/100 Mbps fiber connection, and locally on the network using iperf.

I have found the cause of the issue, but I don't know how to solve it. The problem is QoS. I turned WMM off, and that turns QoS off for device -> access point, but not for access point -> device.

QoS can apparently not be turned off completely on this access point, which would be the better option for my network. What can be done though is to specify custom EDCA values.

I don't know what EDCA values that will give me the best performance though, and that's where I hope you guys can help.

My current values can be found in the attached file, and my goal is to get file download speeds that matches my upload speeds. Any suggestions?

/Erik

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2013-07-20 kl. 13.37.48.jpg
    Skärmavbild 2013-07-20 kl. 13.37.48.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 385