What's new

Qualcomm firmware version in R7800

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ablatt

Regular Contributor
Is there any way to retrieve the version of the Qualcomm wifi chipset firmware/software from the R7800?

Was it updated in Netgear firmware 1.0.2.52?

There are threads over at Macrumors and Apple regarding battery drain with some iPhones using IOS 11.4.1 that might be related to 5Ghz wifi.

I had these issues so I am just investigating to see if they're Qualcomm related.

Last edited:
Is there any way to retrieve the version of the Qualcomm wifi chipset firmware/software from the R7800?

QCA wifi firmware/software was definitely updated in 1.0.2.52 vs 1.0.2.46. But if you would retrieve the version from firmware it could say nothing. Probably NG developers are not very accurate with version control: version is the same, but QCA firmware is really changed.

Voxel.

QCA wifi firmware/software was definitely updated in 1.0.2.52 vs 1.0.2.46. But if you would retrieve the version from firmware it could say nothing. Probably NG developers are not very accurate with version control: version is the same, but QCA firmware is really changed.

Voxel.

Hi Voxel,

And did the latest XR500 firmware also brought this QCA change?

Hi Voxel,

And did the latest XR500 firmware also brought this QCA change?

Well. Do you mean XR500 2.2.1.10 vs XR500 2.1.0.6? It is changed. But QCA firmware from R7800 1.0.2.52 vs QCA firmware from XR500 2.2.1.10 are also different. I do not know what is better :)

2.2.1.10 build date is Mar 14. 1.2.052 build date is Apr 28. More than month. Maybe there will be some other modifications in the next releases.

Voxel.

Well. Do you mean XR500 2.2.1.10 vs XR500 2.1.0.6? It is changed. But QCA firmware from R7800 1.0.2.52 vs QCA firmware from XR500 2.2.1.10 are also different. I do not know what is better :)

2.2.1.10 build date is Mar 14. 1.2.052 build date is Apr 28. More than month. Maybe there will be some other modifications in the next releases.

Voxel.

I was thinking about the fw changes on the V2.3.2.18.

Thanks for the enlightenment!

There are threads over at Macrumors and Apple regarding battery drain with some iPhones using IOS 11.4.1 that might be related to 5Ghz wifi.

I had these issues so I am just investigating to see if they're Qualcomm related.
Current iPhone release is 11.4 11.4.1 is in beta. My iPhone has no drain on 5Ghz I think after every update people say battery drain on Mac rumours. ;)

I agree about the typical battery complaints. This one is different. Affects SE, 6, and 6S mostly. We’re talking going from 6 hours usage to 1 after the 11.4 update, and on a good battery. People on macrumors are claiming that putting WiFi on 2.4 instead of 5 fixes it.

Current iPhone release is 11.4 11.4.1 is in beta. My iPhone has no drain on 5Ghz I think after every update people say battery drain on Mac rumours. ;)

Voxel.

Voxel, I take it you always use the same QCA drivers/firmware that Netgear uses in their firmware that you are basing your build on?

Or do you ever encorporate different/newer QCA drivers in your firmware? For example, I see this on your Github page
https://github.com/SVoxel/R7800/commit/787207104bdf2e12c61c53e9a3d1fa241a92084a

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't phrase the question properly. What I mean is do you ever use QCA firmware that is newer than what is in latest stock?

Sorry I didn't phrase the question properly. What I mean is do you ever use QCA firmware that is newer than what is in latest stock?
I do not have another sources for QCA firmware except latest stock fw. It is not enough just to upgrade only firmware from QCA. There should be some additional files such as kernel objects and they are dependent on kernel sources. NG have an access to QCA sources, I do not.

Voxel.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!