What's new

Question about Traffic Analyer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

adampk17

I’m curious if someone can explain to me why traffic to and from my work laptop, connected to my company via a VPN software client, is seemingly invisible to the router.

I fully understand that the router should not be able to see what sites are being accessed in that traffic (other than the VPN concentrator on the far end) or even the specific type of traffic inside the tunnel.

But why doesn’t the router see traffic of any sort?. It just shows my laptop as completely idle.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hardware acceleration is on? :)

If enabled (and it looks like one part is), then the traffic can't be counted accurately (or counted at all, it seems).

Alright, this is going to make me seem crazy. I’ve been looking at the traffic analyzer and QoS bandwidth analyzer for quite some time. Some would say it’s a little OCD but what can I say, I just enjoy looking at these things.

After changing no settings, today for the first time I’ve ever seen, my work laptop’s VPN traffic is seen by the router. I’m perplexed but happy. Hopefully this continues and isn’t some fluke today.