What's new

Question for you experts, need some device recommendations

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

realdeal

New Around Here
Okay, my question is about wireless and wired... I hope it's okay I post in this section.

Here's my current set up:

I have a wired D-link DI-604 router in my bedroom- this is where my cable modem is housed. This router has 4 computers wired to it. These computers do the normal family things, i.e., online multi-player gaming, torrent downloads, etc.

Also connected to the DI-604 is a D-link DWL-2100AP wireless access point. I have the access point in my living room and it provides wireless connectivity to the XBOX, Wii and laptop.

Unfortunately, I had a power surge and both units are dead and far removed from their respective warranty periods.

I haven't been in the router/access point market in quite some time and I am looking for some recommendations on what some good choices are to upgrade to. Cost isn't too much of a factor, ,within reason.

PS - The reason why I need the access point is because my bedroom is too far away from my living room and there's too many obstacles/walls to get good wireless reception in the living room from the bedroom.

I really appreciate your help!

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!