What's new

R7000 firmware questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My role with Netgear (is as an independent contractor) was initially to monitor and support the Audio Video related forums for Netgear, principally the AVS forum. Netgear grew my role and has me monitor SNB, Toms Hardware, Cnet and several other forums for user activity. I provide feedback back to Netgear for issues and user feedback as well as provide help and suggestions where I can. As I got involved with SNB it became clear due to the active and technical nature of this group Netgear should assign a Netgear Employee who has better engineering insight then I can provide. Also by creating a dedicated Netgear Forum we could further that effort. So Netgear Guy is focused primarily on the Netgear Forum in SNB and I and others around the globe follow the other user forums.

Actually I must apologize, I said you were related to Linksys, not Netgear (got you mixed up with Chad) - sorry :)

My role with Netgear (is as an independent contractor) was initially to monitor and support the Audio Video related forums for Netgear, principally the AVS forum. Netgear grew my role and has me monitor SNB, Toms Hardware, Cnet and several other forums for user activity. I provide feedback back to Netgear for issues and user feedback as well as provide help and suggestions where I can

As long as it's disclosed - all good...

(no, I don't presently work for any Router/AP vendor or chip merchant - at least not any longer <grin>, my interest on SNB is purely hobby/personal)

I'm also interested in a firmware update. I just bought the R7000. The first one came and I couldn't connect via wifi with the original password. I did get in via a wired connection and set up my networks. After 48 hours on-line both radios failed. I couldn't get either the 2.4 or 5 GHz radios to work. I sent the router back and got a new one. This one I could set up via wifi. The wired connection works well as does the 2.4 GHz band. However neither my Apple devices nor my Windows laptop will connect via the 5 GHz band. I can see the network, but the Apple says I'm using the wrong password. I'm not. The WIN 10 laptop just says "cannot connect". I am using Firmware version V1.0.4.30_1.1.67. Interestingly if I turn off WPA2 I can connect to the 5 GHz band. Anyone have any suggestions?

Update 05/19/2016. After trying a number of things I did find that changing the channel from 153 to 48 did allow me to connect both my apple devices and my computer. Interestingly, the netgear 3700 that I was previously using didn't have any of these problems and it was installed about 6" from the R7000. I did a network scan and there aren't any other 5 GHz networks detectable. Best guess is there is some subtle bug in the current version of the software.

Last edited:
Hmm.. I know my sons iPad had no problem connecting or I would have heard about it. I do not know if he connected via 2.4 or 5. I will
see when he's home next.

I do see thread saying there is new firmware out today.. but it does say anything about fixing Apple 5Ghz.. just iTunes 12.1 support or something like that.. I didn't know a router had to be certified with iTunes.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online