What's new

R7000 in bridge mode problems and questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JGF

New Around Here
Hi All,

So I've got 2 new R7000's, one as my primary wireless router (working fine) and one that I have setup in wireless bridge mode (with a playstation 3 and AV receiver hanging off of). Perhaps unsurprisingly I'm having some problems with router this is in wireless bridge mode...

I believe the router was set to bridge mode successfully as now in the genie webpage I can see a device connected @ 5ghz. There is no device name listed but the mac address of the device is the mac address of the bridge router so i am assuming so far so good.

However the PS3 does not seem to be able to connect (fails on obtaining IP) so right out of the gate something seems to be up.

But even before getting to that, I have some questions regarding the bridge mode router...

1) How do I (or can I) log back into that router? It no longer shows up as a wireless device that can be connected to so how do i access that physical router now (if for example I want to change some settings or bring it out of bridge mode)?

2) Related to #1, is there a straightforward way to update the firmware on the bridge router? Its running the original firmware whereas the primary router is running the latest firmware.

Any tips/thoughts? Anyone know of any better threads/guides/FAQs regarding R7000's and bridging?

Thanks!

Once bridge mode is enabled and SSID configured, the choice is to create a static or dynamic IP. If dynamic selected, the IP address of the R7000 in bridge mode can be noted from the R7000 in router mode and possible to access the GUI once known.

It would also be possible to update FW on the R7000 in bridge mode.

There is an FAQ at http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/d...nd-how-do-i-set-it-up-on-my-nighthawk-router?

Any questions, please let me know.

So I reset the bridge router to factory default and started over again, and for whatever reason the 2nd time was the charm! Working great and connected at 1053 Mbps! Pretty happy!

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!