What's new

R7000 local network problem?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yeah, most people I've heard are using NEWD and getting wireless performance on par with Netgear stock drivers.

By the way, another user with this local network issue said that Netgear has told him to change his wireless channel and set his router MTU to 1500.

ROFL

Yeah, drink lots of fluids and call me in the morning *smile*.

I was using the NEWD firmware by Kong and was having some issues connecting at AC and when I would connect, I would get kicked off shortly after. I flashed the OLDD with the older wireless drivers and haven't had any problems since. All I can say is that I wish I would have stuck with Asus and the Merlin firmware. I'm still using an Asus RT-AC66R setup in AP mode to extend my wireless signal, but I'm constantly tweaking the R7000, my primary router running Kong's DD-WRT firmware, where the Asus was setup initially with Merlin's firmware and I never had to touch anything.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

What are you constantly tweaking on your R7000? Once I've set up dd-wrt for my R7000 on a new release, nothing to do other than monitor uptime, until the next new release that I'm motivated to move to.

Wondering what requires constant tweaking at your place?

I don't get as fast of a connection as I did when my RT-AC66R was my primary router, and when I bought the R7000, I flashed it with Kong's DD-WRT, first time to use this firmware, so I find myself constantly reading articles, forums, etc. to make sure my settings are optimal and I'm getting the most range and fastest speed I can from this router. Like I mentioned, I was having problems connecting at AC and sometimes I couldn't even see the 5Ghz band, so I flashed the firmware with the older wireless drivers and now I'm not having any problems, besides the speed. DD-WRT has much more functionality than my Asus RT-AC66R, so sometimes I might read something about part of the functionality of DD-WRT, so I might go into the firmware to check it out. I'm not going to lie, there is a lot in this firmware that I'm not familiar with so the more I read about it and the more I learn about it, I might adjust some settings from time to time trying to become more familiar with the functionality. I wish I knew what every setting did, that way, I could set it and leave it alone. I'm pretty sure that I'm not taking advantage of all the functionality this firmware has to offer. For example, the scripts that can be written into the router. I don't even know what that is or what kind of scripts can be added. I just want to be able to take full advantage of everything this firmware has to offer. Also, why is it that if I set my 5Ghz band to 80Mhz, and choose a channel in the 140 area, why can't my clients see the network anymore? If I set the band to somewhere around 153-161 then they can see it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!