What's new

R7000 log now deleting entries without manual log clearance

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cryoman

New Around Here
I'm having ongoing problems with Internet Dropouts on my R7000 which Netgear Level 2 support are looking at.
As a result I'm checking my router log regularly to monitor dropouts.
However, up to now it has shown log entries going back many days (since I last manually cleared the log) but checking tonight the entries only go back to midday today. I have NOT cleared the log manually (and there is no log entry to tell me the log has been cleared)
I've done nothing, no firmware upgrades, no resets - nothing.
So now I'm a bit concerned that I will not get a record of errors that Netgear support may need.

So now I'm a bit concerned that I will not get a record of errors that Netgear support may need

just means the log is full , you prob need to find another way to either save the log to ether usb or to a server so it doesnt get deleted

Yeah, I've noticed that, too. Terrible log facility, fixed amount of capacity and not large. So the old entries have to be deleted so new entries can be added once the log memory space is full. The log also doesn't have a lot of stuff that I like to see there, like startup messages, and so on. Very simplistic log, not very useful in my opinion. Dumbed down like everything else in the web interface. Better than no log, though.