What's new

R7000 port forwarding issue?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Carnagerover

Hi all,

I have a basic port forwarding question on the R7000, should I be able to check that the ports are open once I have forwarded them on a port checking website?

It seems that everyport I try and forward even test ones are not actually open when I test them?

I have included a screenshot of one of my port entries I cannot see what I am doing wrong but that of course is the problem.

Attachments

• Port forwarding.jpg
    Port forwarding.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 477
I don't own a R7000, but your screen looks odd. Are you sure its the right one? Port forwarding should ask if it's tcp, udp, or both. This doesn't inquire about that.

I don't own a R7000, but your screen looks odd. Are you sure its the right one? Port forwarding should ask if it's tcp, udp, or both. This doesn't inquire about that.

Hi and thanks for the reply,

You're right it doesn't say it on that screen but that information is filled in on the configuration screen, it just doesn't show on a completed rule.

did you also open port on windows firewall ?

I put the Netgear stock firmware on the device as I thought it might be something to do with DD-WRT, however I could never get remote WOL working with the DD-WRT and can now with the R7000.

Basically what I was forgetting to do was actually have the application running that I was forwarding to when checking the port, then it shows open as it is in use and not closed, as the router of course does not keep the port open 24/7.

Hi and thanks for the reply,

You're right it doesn't say it on that screen but that information is filled in on the configuration screen, it just doesn't show on a completed rule.

So after you enter via the config screen, you can never recall and display what protocols were chosen? Geesh.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!