What's new

R7500 router and AC 1200 ethernet bridge?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bamafanatic56

New Around Here
I am using the R7500 router and the netgear AC 1200 range extender for bridging only, I don't require any range extension. Are there specific setting that will maximize HD streaming devices connected via ethernet to to AC 1200? I have a home theatre computer, apple TV and Dish Hopper all streaming thru the AC1200. Thanks for any setup advice you guys can provide

A suggestion would be to configure the EX6200 Extender in Fast Lane mode, ie., connect 5 GHz to the router and 2.4 GHz to the WiFi client. Then connect over the cable and disable the 2.4 GHz band if it’s not required, under advanced settings.

See: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24662/~/what-is-fastlane-technology-and-how-do-i-configure-it?

That s what I was wondering about. I wasn't sure if the fast lane settings were the right thing to do. I will set it up and give it a try.
Thank You
Steve

I set it up and it indicates I am connecting to the existing network in 5G @ 703mbps and broadcasting 2.4ghz @ 300mbps. It sounds correct to me. Im going to try it and see if streaming improves. Im subscribed to comcast blast 105 so it should improve. I was having some buffering issues.
Thanks!

Should I disable 2.4 wifi or keep it broadcasting so I can access the extender wirelessly. Will I improve performance of wired devices by disabling this?

It may see a slight improvement but nothing major. It should ensure the bandwidth will be dedicated to the wired connected devices.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!