What's new

R7800 5ghz devices can't communicate with 2.4ghz devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joshhighley

New Around Here
R7800 with Voxel .77 firmware. Guest network is disabled.

I have a couple of devices on 2.4ghz wireless (ex: wifi light switch) that can't be reached from devices on 5ghz wireless. I can reach them from wired devices. When my cell phone is on 5ghz, I can't reach the devices but if I move out of 5ghz range and drop to 2.4ghz, I can then.

I was on Voxel .72 (same issue) and upgraded to .77 It seemed to fix the issue for a short time but it's returned.

I've found a few old references to people having this issue with R7000 but no solution was posted.

Have you tried to choose wifi settings in Smart connect mode?

Any setting in particular? I have smart connect enabled, but there's nothing on that page that seems applicable to my issue.

Of note, I've found that after a while of being on 5ghz, a 5ghz device can then communicate with a 2.4ghz device. It seems like something with the routing or network is not updating quickly when a device changes from 2.4ghz to 5ghz. I'm not sure what is getting refreshed or if I can speed up that process

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!