What's new

Readycloud on Netgear R7800

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ianvajra

Occasional Visitor
Does anyone know whether this service is deprecated, or not? I cannot get Readycloud registration of my R7800 on the latest Voxel 69 firmware, even though I have a Netgear account which 'knows of' my router, and a Readycloud account too. The Readycloud page just loops, with the registration email and password blank again. I've attached an image of the page that I mean, just to be crystal :D I have a couple of simple USB-attached NTFS drives which are perfectly usable on my home network as \\Readyshare drives. I have tried attaching a ' Netgear-approved' USB drive, but no difference.

There's very little around online about it that is clear. I am on the latest Windows 10, with VPN disabled, and using the simplest browser setup possible. Ditto when I tried same on my android 9 phone. I have tried activating SNB v.1 Server function in Windows additional features; my password for Netgear doesn't include special characters.

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-09-05 115037.png
    Annotation 2019-09-05 115037.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:
Does anyone know whether this service is deprecated, or not? I cannot get Readycloud registration of my R7800 on the latest Voxel 69 firmware, even though I have a Netgear account which 'knows of' my router, and a Readycloud account too. The Readycloud page just loops, with the registration email and password blank again. I've attached an image of the page that I mean, just to be crystal :D

ReadyCLOUD is working with 69SF. I checked and I was able to see my files. Plus registration in WebGUI of course.

Maybe your ReadiCLOUD add-on was installed incorrectly. Sometimes it happens, it is installed wrongly (it is not my design but from NG). It is installed automatically after every flashing new fw.

You can check it from telnet.

If you run the command from telnet:
Code:
 ps | grep opt

you should see the result similar to:
Code:
 5295 root        580 S   /opt/xagent/xagent -w -d --ca_file /opt/xagent/certs/
 5297 root       2804 S   /opt/xagent/xagent -w -d --ca_file /opt/xagent/certs/
 6361 root        344 S   grep opt

When you register from WebGUI you should see for this command:
Code:
 5295 root        588 S   /opt/xagent/xagent -w -d --ca_file /opt/xagent/certs/
 7075 root       2876 S   /opt/xagent/xagent -w -d --ca_file /opt/xagent/certs/
 7149 root        452 S   /bin/sh /opt/rcagent/run_server.sh
 7165 root        936 S   /opt/rcagent/cgi_processor
8532 root        344 S   grep opt

and it means that your should be able to access your remote files from ReadyCLOUD site.

The command ls -al /opt should display this:
Code:
drwxr-xr-x    6 root     root          616 Sep  5 14:06 .
drwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          168 Sep  5 14:06 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          175 Sep  5 14:06 dirlist
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          855 Sep  5 14:06 filelist
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          224 Jun 19  2018 leafp2p
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          648 Jun 19  2018 rcagent
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          296 Jun 19  2018 remote
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           45 Sep  5 14:06 version
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          504 Jun 19  2018 xagent

Well. And how to recover wrong ReadyCLOUD installation manually from telnet:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/c...r-r7800-v-1-0-2-68sf.57646/page-2#post-505735

Variant 2, from p. (b) to (e).

Voxel.

Many thanks for your reply, Voxel - much appreciation for your work generally :)

So I took a crash course in Telnet, and followed your instructions. I attach a screenshot of my efforts. The dates on the file listing all look suspiciously old. And when I follow the post about re-installation, I get an error message as on the screenshot...

/sbin/cloud: /sbin/cloud: 131: /www/cgi-bin/readycloud_control.cgi: not found

which I would read as an error at line 131.

I wonder what you think ... I notice in the 'Fix' post you link me to, another person had the same error as me, but nothing is said about how he fixed it.

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-09-05 174816.png
    Annotation 2019-09-05 174816.png
    169.2 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
And when I follow the post about re-installation, I get an error message as on the screenshot...

which I would read as an error at line 131.

Well... Since I changed ReadyCLOUD downloading from my site to official NG site (the last is used in the stock) I see such alarms of users... Maybe NG site(s) is/are overloaded... I use in my latest releases:

http.fw.updates1.netgear.com

but IP of this site depends on your location. For me it is either DK or DE or IE.

OK. Try again this procedure. And again. And again. I.e.

Code:
/sbin/cloud uninstall

wait for a minute...

Code:
/sbin/cloud update

There should not be such an error message:

Voxel.

Thanks again for your attentions, Voxel.

I tried repeatedly to do as you suggested, but had the same error some 100 times or so over 4 or 5 periods of attempting to update. Their server at Netgear seems more or less unusable.

I then tried saving my configuration and re-installed the 69 firmware, and Lo! I could then proceed :- [see image ] I did this because you said above that the Readycloud software was re-installed at firmware update, and it seemed that this was more likely than getting a response from the Netgear server.

Many thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-09-06 075425.png
    Annotation 2019-09-06 075425.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!