What's new

Reboot Linksys Router via Commandline

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That link seems to be for a cloud managed solution to your router. As it doesn't seem to be a local connection I don't think that a cl option is possible?

Now I'm curious if this is possible too.

Could consider either the wget or curl apps - pass the full URL...

Might have to jump into Wireshark on a PC with a browser to capture the flow, but it seems doable...

That link seems to be for a cloud managed solution to your router. As it doesn't seem to be a local connection I don't think that a cl option is possible?

Now I'm curious if this is possible too.

This is infact a local router tab. Maybe not the example I listed off the web, but it looks the exact same as in that page. I am getting to the router by the local IP.

I tried enabling the status bar in IE to see what happens when I hover over the Reboot button, but nothing shows up.

Side note: I can use the PowerShell invoke-webrequest http://192.168.100.1/reset.htm?reset_modem=Restart+Cable+Modem to reset my Moto SB6121.

Linksys SmartWiFi does allow for both local access, as well as the cloud...

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!