What's new

redirecting VPN Server to VPN Fusion client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

goldnet

New Around Here
I'd like to route all traffic from an OpenVPN server client to the Wireguard client.

All the traffic keeps from the OpenVPN server keeps going to the internet instead of through the Wireguard client though.

I greatly appreciate any insight into what's missing or incorrect here.

flowchart-cropped-Immagine.png
Screenshot 2024-10-27 at 09-47-52 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX88U Pro - VPN Client.png
Screenshot 2024-10-27 at 09-48-34 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX88U Pro - VPN Client.png

I'm NOT a WG expert, but logically, in order to have the OpenVPN server's IP network routed over the WG client, the WG client must be serving as the default gateway.

As I understand it, the Allowed IPs field is NOT based on the source IP (that will be NAT'd over the tunnel anyway), but the *destination* IP(s) you want routed through the WG connection and over to the Peer.

IOW, it should be 0.0.0.0/0, which is effectively a default gateway setting. It routes *any* destination IP over the WG client, provided there isn't another more specific route that's known/available in the routing table (e.g., the private IP network).

Personally, I would use 0.0.0.0/1,128.0.0.0/1 for Allowed IPs, since these act as overrides rather than overlaying the current default gateway w/ 0.0.0.0/0

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!