What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey just a quick question. I have ab-solution 3.8.1 and I use openvpn for a portion of my network. The computers outside of the tunnel are protected very well by ab-solution however the computers inside the tunnel are not protected. Is this a know issue or does anyone have an answer to this? My dns setting in openvpn client is set to strict. Thank you.

Hey just a quick question. I have ab-solution 3.8.1 and I use openvpn for a portion of my network. The computers outside of the tunnel are protected very well by ab-solution however the computers inside the tunnel are not protected. Is this a know issue or does anyone have an answer to this? My dns setting in openvpn client is set to strict. Thank you.
Set "Respond to DNS" to on.

Set "Respond to DNS" to on.
I'm using an asus Rt-AC68U and the openvpn settings I have in 380.65_4 firmware that deal with dns is a setting called "Accept DNS Configuration" the selections are: disabled, relaxed, strict, exclusive. I don't have the setting you mentioned anywhere in my configuration.

I'm using an asus Rt-AC68U and the openvpn settings I have in 380.65_4 firmware that deal with dns is a setting called "Accept DNS Configuration" the selections are: disabled, relaxed, strict, exclusive. I don't have the setting you mentioned anywhere in my configuration.

You do but it is on the OpenVPN Server page!...so basically the answer provided by @thelonelycoder is inappropriate for your specific query.

Hmm any ideas anyone?
Solved: I know this is out there but I also run dnscrypt. After it is up and running (using your isp's dns servers in WAN settings) and you have browsed a bit the firmware 380.65_4 allows you to set your private router ip as the dns in WAN settings instead. I tried my tunnel and with its dns set to disabled......it all works I have ab-solution working through the VPN. It survives a reboot as well.....

Solved: I know this is out there but I also run dnscrypt. After it is up and running (using your isp's dns servers in WAN settings) and you have browsed a bit the firmware 380.65_4 allows you to set your private router ip as the dns in WAN settings instead. I tried my tunnel and with its dns set to disabled......it all works I have ab-solution working through the VPN. It survives a reboot as well.....
Hi @skeal,
Not exactly clear to me what you did to fix the issue. If I upload the TorGuard setup guide for Merlin 380.65 plus builds to dropbox and send you the link in a PM, would you be willing to update it with your fix? I can then post the updated guide in the VPN forum.

Hi @skeal,
Not exactly clear to me what you did to fix the issue. If I upload the TorGuard setup guide for Merlin 380.65 plus builds to dropbox and send you the link in a PM, would you be willing to update it with your fix? I can then post the updated guide in the VPN forum.

I would for sure!

Hi there,
Something has happened to my AB installation,
I'm getting the below error when trying to start the UI.
Is there a way to troubleshoot further and perhaps even fix it or has my USB-stick corrupted?
Im running latest stable fw:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U 380.65-4 Wed Mar 29 04:40:14 UTC 2017

Welcome
This is AB-Solution 3.8 [3.8.1]

looking for an installation
found AB-Solution on /tmp/mnt/KINGSTON
checking installation state
/tmp/mnt/KINGSTON/adblocking/addon/pixelserv-tls.add: Input/output error
./ab-solution.sh: .: line 83: can't open '/tmp/mnt/KINGSTON/adblocking/addon/pixelserv-tls.add'

Hi there,
Something has happened to my AB installation,
I'm getting the below error when trying to start the UI.
Is there a way to troubleshoot further and perhaps even fix it or has my USB-stick corrupted?
Im running latest stable fw:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U 380.65-4 Wed Mar 29 04:40:14 UTC 2017

Welcome
This is AB-Solution 3.8 [3.8.1]

looking for an installation
found AB-Solution on /tmp/mnt/KINGSTON
checking installation state
/tmp/mnt/KINGSTON/adblocking/addon/pixelserv-tls.add: Input/output error
./ab-solution.sh: .: line 83: can't open '/tmp/mnt/KINGSTON/adblocking/addon/pixelserv-tls.add'
I believe your Kingston device has an error.
Check the Syslog for relevant messages for your USB device.

But as a first measure to troubleshoot it, you could delete pixelserv-tls.add and then start the AB UI, this will download a new copy of the file.
In the SSH terminal enter this:
Code:
rm /tmp/mnt/KINGSTON/adblocking/addon/pixelserv-tls.add
Then start the AB UI.

I believe your Kingston device has an error.
Check the Syslog for relevant messages for your USB device.

But as a first measure to troubleshoot it, you could delete pixelserv-tls.add and then start the AB UI, this will download a new copy of the file.
In the SSH terminal enter this:
Code:
rm /tmp/mnt/KINGSTON/adblocking/addon/pixelserv-tls.add
Then start the AB UI.

The pixelserv-tls.add file seem to be missing so removing it couldn't be done.
Looking through the syslog I can find this:

May 3 11:11:42 kernel: EXT2-fs (sda1): error: ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory #1456129: : unaligned directory entry - offset=0, inode=1701077364, rec_len=25390, name_len=111

So I will reformat the USB and make new installation I think. Thanks for the input, much appreciated!

The pixelserv-tls.add file seem to be missing so removing it couldn't be done.
Looking through the syslog I can find this:

May 3 11:11:42 kernel: EXT2-fs (sda1): error: ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory #1456129: : unaligned directory entry - offset=0, inode=1701077364, rec_len=25390, name_len=111

So I will reformat the USB and make new installation I think. Thanks for the input, much appreciated!
Use the same IP address in ps when you reinstall, you'll be up and running in no time.
No need to remove scripts in jffs this way, they will be checked and adjusted where necessary.

OK, I have a peculiar problem. Somehow AB Solution is blocking documents on my Gdrive. Anyone else having that problem?

How do I unblock gdrive domain? Thanks!

OK, I have a peculiar problem. Somehow AB Solution is blocking documents on my Gdrive. Anyone else having that problem?

How do I unblock gdrive domain? Thanks!

I just updated the DB definitions and it worked for a little while then it stopped again. Should I just list google drive domain on whitelist?

I just updated the DB definitions and it worked for a little while then it stopped again. Should I just list google drive domain on whitelist?
What DB? The blocking file?
Are they blocked in the browser interface or the Google Drive in file explorer?

Definitions? cu command? :D they're blocked in browser.
Check your blacklist, is clients6.google.com blocked?
Also, the f option 2 shows what domains are blocked.
If you want to be sure, use f option 4, do exactly as the on screen description says, the url is drive.google.com

ALCON,

Can anyone provide an assist in regards to emailing logs or saving logs locally of router stats? Any option I pick results with me receiving an error. Also, I can't seem to install pixelserv-tls. Attached are screenshots of my problems.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!

Attachments

• errors.png
    errors.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 351
  • log_options.png
    log_options.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 587
  • pixel_error.png
    pixel_error.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 631