What's new

Remote IP virtual server port forward?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bigjohns97

Occasional Visitor
I am trying to setup a virtual server port forward and can't seem to find where to limit the remote ip connectivity, is this not available on this router?

Try using the Firewall > Network Services Filter. But rather than restricting the incoming connection, limit the virtual servers destination IP. (I don't know whether this will work, I've never tried it)

Interesting idea, just looking through the GUI i notice you can only use one range, I am trying to publish my EMBY streaming service but only allow certain internet ranges to friends and family.

I had heard that the firewall was iptables under the covers anyway to access this config directly via console?

Well it worked, I ended up using the github version, the SSH example he had EMBY didn't like, guessing EMBY is making more connections than the rule allowed so i ended up just locking down the source ip and that worked, verified by using shields up.