What's new

[Review] ASUS GT-AX6000 vs RT-AX88U Pro vs RT-AX86U Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nice reviews, but as Tech9 noted, the results vary among the different reviews that were conducted. The one thing that seems to be consistent in terms of performance is that the AX86U Pro 2.4 GHz band does not do as well as the other routers at long range.

General MIMO 3x3>4x4.

6710 also piggy backs off main CPU. 6715 has its own internal processing.

This band is mostly used for IoTs, most are 1-stream 802.11n and with low bandwidth requirements. In real life - it doesn't matter much.

This band is mostly used for IoTs, most are 1-stream 802.11n and with low bandwidth requirements. In real life - it doesn't matter much.

My cabin has no cellular service, so I use the 2.4 GHz band to get the most walking range for my phones. I imagine this is the case for some other people in rural environments. I only have room for the ASUS upright form factor, so I went with the RT-AX86U pro. However, if I had known it clearly performs worse than the GT-AX6000 or the RT-AX88U Pro, I would have tried harder to make one of those fit in the router installation locations.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online