What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 offer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The fiber modem I have is at the front of the house in the living area and the gt-ax6000 doesn't reach all the way to the back of the house( where the kitchen and terrace are). There we spent most of the time 😊 and I have some IoT lights and WiFi camera outside.
At this moment I have the AC86U as a wired node there but I was wondering if I'm loosing any AX futures with this setup.
Not sure how your place is wired, but I solved this issue by being lucky enough two have two Ethernet ports in each Ethernet outlet in our flat, so I could connect the incoming Ethernet jack to the patch panel to the RJ45 socket next to the router to the WAN side, then connect the LAN side back to the patch panel and to a switch there, which I can then connect everything wired to. That meant the router got an ideal placement and I didn't need to mess around with any more hardware.

But working as NODE SOC inside is important?

If the node is not running 3.0.0.6 firmware you'll lose part of the capabilities of your main router. The new "SDN" functionality requires compatible nodes. Otherwise whatever is new in 3.0.0.6 will be available to clients connected to the main router only, but not to the node. Why start with limitations?

Not sure how your place is wired, but I solved this issue by being lucky enough two have two Ethernet ports in each Ethernet outlet in our flat, so I could connect the incoming Ethernet jack to the patch panel to the RJ45 socket next to the router to the WAN side, then connect the LAN side back to the patch panel and to a switch there, which I can then connect everything wired to. That meant the router got an ideal placement and I didn't need to mess around with any more hardware.
I ran the wire myself a while ago. I should probably run another one and then the problem is solved.
Was thinking is easier with the node and is running nice so far(ax6000 + Ac86U) but I would like to benefit of the full futures of my new router. The annoying part that 70% of my WiFi devices connect to the node.

While not optimal by a long stretch, I use the gt-ax6000 as my main, 2x ax92u as nodes, and an ax55 as a node on my covered deck during the warmer months. But, it just works. I have a couple of moca adapters to give me wired backhaul throughout.

It won't work if you start playing with the new Guest Network Pro options. They will stay on the main router only.
Quite true, for my setup I don’t even turn on guest network. Guests are overrated anyways.

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!