What's new

Route for range and penetration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mondrin

Occasional Visitor
I currently have an old WRT54GS. The router still works great within a certain range in our house. The problem is that I now need the wireless to reach the far bedrooms which are 50ft from the router location (not movable) and must penetrate several walls (plus a piano). Currently I can get 1 or 2 bars at best on my wireless devices (computer and phones) in these rooms but often have no coverage at all.

I'd like to find a wireless N router which would provide better coverage for these hard to reach locations. Overall throughput is less important than getting decent and stable coverage.

Thanks!

The undisputed king is still the RT-N66U with RMerlin's latest firmware for your requirements.

Depending on your budget though; the RT-AC68U might be the better buy at this point (even if it is a few percent slower/less range than the 2.4GHz RT-N66U champ.