What's new

Router placement

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

breaktimeplayer

Occasional Visitor
i received my rt - ac88u, what a monster of a router. My wife has informed me that is not going on the fire place mantel. Can i place this thing next to my tv? If not there where else would be ideal.

with its wireless coverage you could put it anywhere , behind the tv however isnt the best place as the tv actually blocks the signal , i have mine in the study at one end of my house and i still have a very usable wifi signal at the other end of the house some 25 meters and quite a few walls away

pete

with its wireless coverage you could put it anywhere , behind the tv however isnt the best place as the tv actually blocks the signal , i have mine in the study at one end of my house and i still have a very usable wifi signal at the other end of the house some 25 meters and quite a few walls away

pete
I could put mine in the study as well my house isnt as long as yours. Btw since you have this router and this is my first router ive purchased, any suggestions on how i should up the router once i log into it. There are so many features to this thing, I want to optimize it as best i can

I have my router set up, now for the update. I guess i need to find the correct rmerlin firmware update. My current firmware is 3004.380, what firmware should i upgrade to? Also what is the proper way to update router firmware?

Last edited:
I have my router set up, now for the update. I guess i need to find the correct rmerlin firmware update. My current firmware is 3004.380, what firmware should i upgrade to? Also what is the proper way to update rotor fireware?

Rmerlin's FW is pretty good - but at the same time, if the factory firmware works, then stay with it...