What's new

Router Recommendation - VPN, etc...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

woodshampoo

New Around Here
Alright, here's the deal. I'll be moving overseas next summer and looking to get a router that will support one of the VPN services available. I plan to use it for things like banking, personal surfing, along with the streaming capabilities that come along with it.

I would prefer a 100-240v capable but that could be overcome.

My main requirement is something that can handle the sheer amount of traffic with my kids, me, and the VPN. Currently my DIR-615n basically screeches to a halt when we all seem to hit it at once.

Now I know I can setup VPN clients on each of the boxes/laptops, but I think for my wife's sake if I could just pump the traffic that needs to be through an openVPN capable router that would make my live easier. I know this limits me for the most part to something that is dd-wrt capable, but I would also imagine I need something quite CPU intensive to handle this.

Any recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks all!