What's new

Router with best QOS ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have a question for you that I haven't been able to get an answer let's see if you can help. So on paper the netgear x8 has faster 2.4 1000mb and 5ghz 2.2gb (both with 1024 qam) vs netgear x10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What program is that?

Facebook is a bit longer... but most gamers there...

Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 7.50.03 PM.png

Netflix... must appreciate CDN's perhaps...

Netflix_last_864000.png

I have a question for you that I haven't been able to get an answer let's see if you can help. So on paper the netgear x8 has faster 2.4 1000mb and 5ghz 2.2gb (both with 1024 qam) vs netgear x10 800mb vs 1733gb (with 200 something qam) would I see a difference in wireless speeds with the x8 vs the x10 or would the device have to support 1028 qam or see no difference because of saturation.

I have a question for you that I haven't been able to get an answer let's see if you can help. So on paper the netgear x8 has faster 2.4 1000mb and 5ghz 2.2gb (both with 1024 qam) vs netgear x10

None of the above... but I'd take the X10 over the X8 if I had a choice between the two...

Really my curiosity says to me I should pick one up for testing. I would think with the increase modulation and max speeds you would see that in wireless speeds

My network is flat and fast... Yes, smokeping*, host there, it's in the core, I have two layers on my network...

* there's some concerns about smokeping, but results with current are sound...