What's new

Routing rules for Dual WAN?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joebloogs

Occasional Visitor
Is there a detailed guide for setting up dual WAN someone can point out for me?
I specifically want info on Load Balance Routing rules for Dual WAN explained..
When you create a new policy for such a connection, there is Source IP & Destination IP with WAN Unit selection..
I figured Source IP is the IP of the specific device i want to point to use either one of the two available WAN's
What should the Destination IP be tho? I have been using "All" until now...is this correct or should be using an IP?

The destination IP is only for those cases where you want that destination IP accessed via a specific WAN, for whatever reasons you might contrive (e.g., maybe you're uploading content to YouTube from a PC and one of the connections is dramatically faster on the upload side). Normally, you just specify ALL since the primary intent of having dual/multi WAN is either for load balancing or failover purposes, where the specific destination IP is NOT relevant. But the GUI provides the opportunity for special/exceptional cases should you need it.