What's new

RT-AC1900P crashes with large files being written to USB drive

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Brettcp

New Around Here
I have an RT-AC1900P with the latest merlin FW intalled and a USB 3.0 4TB drive attached and the Samba server enabled. I can copy files to/from without issue.. but when I try to copy a very large file over (100GB+), the router becomes unresponsive in various ways (sometimes just drops its wireless radios, sometimes I still have wired internet but can't access the admin GUI, and sometimes it becomes completely non-responsive until I power cycle it). I watched the CPU/memory as I copy a large file across, and both CPUs and memory spike to 90%+.

I'm trying to use the external drive as a place to store my system backups (via Acronis True Image).

Any ideas or suggestions? I'd prefer using the USB 4TB drive via the Asus router, but if this is just too much for the router to handle then maybe I'll go with a proper NAS.

Thanks in advance!