What's new

RT-AC3100_384.3_0 tanked speeds, RT-AC3100_380.69_2 brought them back up again

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

evolutionaryman

New Around Here
I am not sure if this is just isolated to my hardware, but I am on gigabit speeds and I normally hit around 880mb/s down. After the 384.3_0 update for the Asus 3100, I immediately lost half of my internet speed (around 350mb/s). I downgraded back to my older firmware 380.69_2 and it returned my speed back to normal.

After both flashes, I did the 30/30/30 rule of resets (I think that is what it is called).

Thanks for the amazing firmwares and hope this is just isolated to me.

This sounds similar to the speed reduction people see when hardware acceleration is turned off. Might want to check that if you end up flashing back to 384.3

I am not sure if this is just isolated to my hardware, but I am on gigabit speeds and I normally hit around 880mb/s down. After the 384.3_0 update for the Asus 3100, I immediately lost half of my internet speed (around 350mb/s). I downgraded back to my older firmware 380.69_2 and it returned my speed back to normal.

After both flashes, I did the 30/30/30 rule of resets (I think that is what it is called).

Thanks for the amazing firmwares and hope this is just isolated to me.

I had the same issue on my RT-AC68U after upgrading to 384.3. Like you, I went back 380.69_2 and speed was back to normal. Like you I will just wait for the next update. I really do like Merlin's software and the frequency of the updates.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online