What's new

RT-AC66R Reboots

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JohnRKlein

New Around Here
My media server died and it's going to be a while before I can get another machine. Because of this, I connected our USB drives to the router and set them up to be shared through Samba..

Now the thing reboot every time someone uses the shares.

I had the stock 3.0.0.4.376.2524 installed then moved to merlin 3.0.0.4.376.47_0. Same result.

Is there a way to get the darn thing stable? Is it because the NTFS drivers are flacky?

How many drives, are they self powered or powered by the usb?

I'm with 374.32 and have tried with up to 3 usb powered drives (WD 2 TB 2.5"), but did also notice separately that a Seagate drive (1 TB, older than the WD's) did have trouble starting up, hinting at a possible power issue.

But twice that i've had reboot problems, they've gone away with a full nvram clear and reflash, that includes when the router was brand new from the shop, it'd be stuck in a forever boot loop as long as the WAN cable was connected. Disconnect, clear nvram, reflash = all ok.