What's new

RT-AC66U 5GHz LED problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kopo942

New Around Here
Hey.

I've got a small problem with my AC-66U. The router has been working all fine, except after upgrading the firmware to version 380.58 (I think?), the 5GHz led hasn't been working. After the firmware upgrade was done, the LED just stayed on all the time, and after rebooting, it doesn't light up at all.

I've tried to upgrade the firmware to .59, that didn't solve it. I also tried to restore the router to factory settings, but that didn't help either.

I know it's a small problem, but I just want to get it fixed. lol.

Hey.

I've got a small problem with my AC-66U. The router has been working all fine, except after upgrading the firmware to version 380.58 (I think?), the 5GHz led hasn't been working. After the firmware upgrade was done, the LED just stayed on all the time, and after rebooting, it doesn't light up at all.

I've tried to upgrade the firmware to .59, that didn't solve it. I also tried to restore the router to factory settings, but that didn't help either.

I know it's a small problem, but I just want to get it fixed. lol.

Is the 5GHz band still alive tho? If yes. Just an inconvenience not a big deal if I were you. The SMT size LED could be burnt out or the LED driver is sick but if 5GHz is not working at all, that is bad. Maybe time for a replacement/upgrade?

The actual band is working fine, the LED is just messed up. It lights up if I do a firmware up- or downgrade, but after a reboot it just blacks out again.
And yeah, it's not really a problem, it's just a little inconvenience. Too bad my OCD wants to get it fixed lol. Not going to replace it since it's been working fine and I got it about 3 months ago.

I also tried to restore the router to factory settings, but that didn't help either.

Did you use a backup config file to restore your settings afterwards, or did you manually and minimally configure the router to secure it and connect to your ISP?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

If you used a backup config file, it is as if you did not reset to factory defaults at all.

After you have it functioning properly, you may want to use john9527's NVRAM Save/Restore utility which will allow you to properly restore your settings to a new firmware version.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/user-nvram-save-restore-utility-r24.19521/

I configured it manually, ISP gives the IP via DHCP so doesn't really need any configing whatsoever. Set up my wireless APs and forwarded some ports.

I have noticed the same on mine, then i saw hide ID
were in effect uncheck it and led came on