What's new

RT-AC68 operation stopped repeately after booting...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xfeeljin

New Around Here
Hi all,

I got Rt-AC68R from Bestbuy few days agos.

To install router, I proceeded Quick Internet Setup

after ending QIS , continously.. AC68R system is repeately down.. after 5~10minutes without special reason or
If I click menu like network map, wireless LAN in Admin page, AC68R is down....
after system down, I can't aceess 192.168.1.1 and do ping....
(but.. LED Light is normality (2.4GHz 5GHz))

So I tried various method like 30-30-30 reset, factory reset by flashing original firmware.., NVRAM reset by pushing WPS Button when power on..

But It is occured repeated.... :(

Please let me know if There are other methods for resolving router(like through telnet or ssh)

If there is no idea, I should send RMA Service because I don't live America

Additionally when firstly setup...

I mistaked that I uploaded ac66r.cfg configuration file to Administration - Firmware Upgrade (page).... This is unique mistake.....

You uploaded the wrong model firmware? I don't think anything (even RMA) will help you.

You can download the proper firmware for your model and unzip it so it's ready to use. You can also set the laptop or desktop you'll use to have a manually configured IP address: 192.168.1.1 with 255.255.255.0 mask.

Then, unplug all wires from the router. Unplug the power cable from the router. Hold the reset button in and then plug in the power (keep holding reset button). When the power LED starts flashing slowly - let go of the reset button and plug in an Ethernet cable from your computer with the manual IP address to the router.

Open up IE or Firefox and type in the router's address; 192.168.1.1

If you're lucky; you'll see a CFE recovery page which will allow you to flash the proper firmware you have ready in the step above.

Leave it for up to 40 minutes or more (don't rush it; be very, very patient).

You should now have a working router again (I'm crossing my fingers for you too).

Thank you for you answer

I already did it that you recommend.. yesterday

However It's same..
and
I downloaded AC68R firmware in ASUS home page.(but filename is AC68UXXXX as I know that firmware of AC68R and AC68U are same....)

I alreday tried CFE recovery and normal recovery mode...(Power LED slowly)

So.. I have a question about your answer

Why do I wait 40minute?
5~10 minutes is enough to meet QIS pages after CFE recovery in my experience
If I must wait more than 40 minute , I will do again...

40+ minutes... this is what I've read some users needed to leave the router alone to actually load the new firmware.

Don't give up: read the Overclocking RT-AC56U thread where some have attempted flashing in emergency recovery mode 100 times before it worked.

Just keep trying it and don't forget to put your Ethernet adaptor back to Automatic to check that the router works (it may not with a manual IP address set).

Persistence may pay off - it is something worth trying for though - for 'free'; as in your free time is all it may cost you.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!