What's new

RT-AC68U cannot restore to factory default

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

riverkiller9

New Around Here
Hi, I got a problem with my RT-AC68U where every time I set a settings that require reboot the router won't boot up properly after restarting. Even pressing reboot won't reboot the router and I totally can't access the router page unless I turn the router on and off.

So I decided to do a factory restore. When the progress bar reaches 100% during the factory restore, the router don't reboot and I have to manually turn it on and off back and guess what all my settings are still in there. I tried reflashing and the problem is still there. Really need some help. I'm on 374.41 Merlin Firmware. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, I got a problem with my RT-AC68U where every time I set a settings that require reboot the router won't boot up properly after restarting. Even pressing reboot won't reboot the router and I totally can't access the router page unless I turn the router on and off.

So I decided to do a factory restore. When the progress bar reaches 100% during the factory restore, the router don't reboot and I have to manually turn it on and off back and guess what all my settings are still in there. I tried reflashing and the problem is still there. Really need some help. I'm on 374.41 Merlin Firmware. Thanks

Try the following:
(1) physically turn off the router
(2) press WPS button and keep it pressed
(3) turn the router on with WPS button pressed for 5 sections after router powers on
(4) release WPS button

Router will be reset to factory settings.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
Not trying/using Telnet access to the router as an alternate method?