What's new

RT-AC68U - language setting problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

blackmoon

New Around Here
Hi,
How can I get more language settings for the administrator panel? In particular the Polish language. I currently have english and 4 scandinavian lang (Dansk, Suomi, Norsk, Svensk).
Asus support told me that.. "In this situation we recommend updating your router to the latest firmware in order to have the Polish language as an option." and "If you have tried so many firmware version and you have the same issue we recommend doing a firmware flash. this will install a new version of firmware on your device rather that updating or downgrading an exsiting version.."

I tried several different versions of firmware as a firmware update and firmware flash by Rescue software and still I have only 5 languages to choose.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think that it's some config file responsible for this.
I would be grateful for any sugestions and your help in solving problem.

Regards,

RT-AC68U_lang.png

Factory reset was done each time before and after any flashes.
On Merlin 380.63_2 still the same.

I want to emphasize that the router was purchased by Amazon UK a week ago and language menu look like that from the first run.

which firmware?
SSH or telnet to the router and whats the output of this command?
nvram show | grep -E 'ccode|regrev|regulation|wl[0-9]_country|wl[0-9]_reg_mode' | sort
they should be EU/0 and off.

I tried different versions of firmware but now under latest stock firmware RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_382_51634-g2f3ef81
SSH to the router gives this output:

Sans titre.jpg

I'm not familiar with routers firmware, any help is really appreciated.

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!