What's new

RT-AC68U: LED ON/OFF Problem...?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

salieri

Occasional Visitor
On the back of the router, there is a physical LED ON/OFF switch. I have it currently set to 'OFF' and it works as desired.

I notice that any time I RESET or UPGRADE the firmware of the router, once the router boots up, the LED somehow turns ITSELF back on. I have to press the LED switch once again and it turns itself off.

Is this supposed to happen? Or do I have a defective unit?

Thanks for any insight...

I am not certain at all but that button is probably fake and by fake I mean it doesnt actually cut the power off to the leds, it just sends the software command to toggle them off and any type of reset or firmware flash will set that toggle back to default. I highly doubt your unit is defective but wait for another 68U owner to confirm.

Hey, I know this was a very old thread.
But I can confirm it is from the button at the back. when you pressed the LED ON/OFF button at the back, the LED will switch OFF. then when you pressed again, it will switch ON.
probably yours was set to OFF, upon flashing firmware or restarting router, the LED will be ON for a while then it will switch back to OFF. (although the router is fully functioning).
You need to toggle the LED button then the router LED will always stays ON.
This function of the button is for you to sleep well at night without the disturbance of those blinking lights (which to some people is quite annoying).

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!