What's new

RT-AC68U with latest Merlin build could be SLOW Wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am also looking at the LAN>DHCP SERVER
and I see only 1 space to put in a DNS ip address.
Can there be TWO ip's separated by a comma?

This is from a iMAc, sitting here on the desk, 5 foot away from router
It is connected both wired and wireless
it is a 2010 iMac 21.5" OS X Mavericks 10.9.4
Look at the transmit speed on the wi-fi
it's just 300 Mbps, at 5 foot.
If it wasn't wired thru a 1Gb switch then router it would be slow (wife is graphic designer so need to move large files to/from email/dropbox/etc)
I could not rely on the wireless @ 5Ghz

that wireless card only supports 450mbps so if you want closer to 1Gb speed then you either need a new laptop or get a new wireless card or wireless adapter.

I have a mid-2011 iMac 21.5".

The wireless card is based on the Atheros 9380 which is an N450 card. Correction, it's a 3-stream card - 450Mbps is the maximum bit rate for the 5Ghz interface.

Last edited:
So far, most of the complains I've seen in this thread were caused by your clients, not by the router itself. A 150 or 300 Mbps wireless interface won't suddenly connect at twice its speed just because the router support it, and throughpout can't be beyond about half of the link rate - this is how wireless works.