What's new

rt-ac68u with mbp 2011

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ressac

Occasional Visitor
i'm currently on 5ghz with only 802.11n and i'm only one who connected to router with mbp 2011 13"

in air with 5ghz frequency only my router so technically there is no interferences

my link speed can be from 160mbps up to 450mbps but real life performance never goes beyond 90mpbs even if i'm 1 meter away from router.

on 2.4ghz i never get more than 65mbps

screens
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/154104/1.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/154104/2.png

i need to reach more than 100mbps because my isp is 100mbps and near future will be 200mbps

any tips ? suggestions?

Can you get the wifi card replaced in your notebook?

Does it work better if you leave the router on Auto instead of 'N'?

What firmware are you running and have you ever done a reset to factory defaults with a manual and minimal configuration afterwards? Along with a new ssid, or, forget and re-associate your computer's network card to the router again?

Have you tried different channels? Does setting the channel width to a lower setting give you faster throughput, even if the connection speed indicates a lower speed connection?

Have you modified any of the settings to other than default?

We need more info to help, as you can see from my questions above. :)

Can you get the wifi card replaced in your notebook?

Does it work better if you leave the router on Auto instead of 'N'?

What firmware are you running and have you ever done a reset to factory defaults with a manual and minimal configuration afterwards? Along with a new ssid, or, forget and re-associate your computer's network card to the router again?

Have you tried different channels? Does setting the channel width to a lower setting give you faster throughput, even if the connection speed indicates a lower speed connection?

Have you modified any of the settings to other than default?

We need more info to help, as you can see from my questions above. :)

no i cannot replace wifi card
if i leave it on auto it goes even worst
i'm on latest official fw
i did reset router for 10 times at least
yes i tried diffrent channels and it's even worst then in auto mode channel
i tried a lot of settings and combinations...

anyway i did researches and i found out that my problem is this
http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?p=164946#post164946

it looks like a slow speed on wifi is only with WAN(in my case it PPPoE)
so i tried internal ftp server with usb3.0 and i get 20MB/s maximum
at least at 5ghz net, but 2.4ghz still goes on 6-10MB/s

ok i've got 99 Mbps on 5ghz with only N, by turning off
"Universal Beamforming"

but i'm still stuck with low speed on 2.4ghz only WAN, i mean internal ftp on 2,4ghz gives over 100Mbps but when i'm using WAN i cant get more than 50-60 Mbps
why speed is slow when i'm using WAN via WiFi?

it's just understandable for me
it's so butthurt (((

ok i've got 99 Mbps on 5ghz with only N, by turning off
"Universal Beamforming"

but i'm still stuck with low speed on 2.4ghz only WAN, i mean internal ftp on 2,4ghz gives over 100Mbps but when i'm using WAN i cant get more than 50-60 Mbps
why speed is slow when i'm using WAN via WiFi?

it's just understandable for me
it's so butthurt (((

Can you please repost your previous post and try a little bit harder this time to make it eligible? I am not trying to be rude. Also try and be sure to use the correct terminology. For example the difference between WAN and LAN is two completely different ballparks.

65Mbit/s is from my point of view just fine - I don't know what kind of devices do you use for tests, but remember some of them will not go even over 30Mbit/s. Try some AC devices, these should be much faster.
Go for the newest Merlin Firmware, not Asus official!

If problem persists Check your CPU and RAM load. Turn off all additional tools/features on your router (in Merlin Firmware primary Download Manager). Reboot the router and try it.
I had similar issue, and after deeper investigation it looks on CPU consumption issue, when additional tools/services running. In my case Download Manager was the one.
If this will not help, try perform facotory reset, do not change any options and try to connect. If speed will remain slow - looks like issue on your wifi devices.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!