What's new

RT-AX52 commands failed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

glsmith86

Occasional Visitor
I have an RT-AX52 router in wireless node mode.

I want iperf3 and wl commands on it.

How can I do it? Firmware doesn't contains this programs.

That is an inherent limitation of OEM firmware, and why many turn to third-party firmware, where these features are more common, either directly or indirectly via Entware. But that assumes your router even has a third-party option, which I'm unaware of for the RT-AX52 (doesn't mean it doesn't exist, I'm just unaware of it). It's why you're wise to consider whether third-party support is available when choosing any router.

That is an inherent limitation of OEM firmware, and why many turn to third-party firmware, where these features are more common, either directly or indirectly via Entware. But that assumes your router even has a third-party option, which I'm unaware of for the RT-AX52 (doesn't mean it doesn't exist, I'm just unaware of it). It's why you're wise to consider whether third-party support is available when choosing any router.
Iperf3 is solved, but is only temporary, because if I exit from the terminal, path and library path is resetted to the original.

By design, the router protects itself by virtualizing the OS and file system. Thus any changes you make are typically NOT persistent across a reboot, or perhaps even a login. Now should you screw up and hose the router, you simply reboot! No harm, no foul.

In order to gain persistence, third-party firmware provides handlers that are triggered during certain events (startup, firewall, wan up, etc.). You then create scripts that configure the router to your liking for each of those events and store them in nvram (usually via the GUI). When the event occurs, the router finds the relevant script and executes it, giving you persistence.

Granted, a bit awkward, and not common in other Linux environments (e.g., Ubuntu). But the goal is to make sure the router is always recoverable, esp. given the assumed minimal skills of the user.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!