What's new

RT-AX57 GO - can't add my script/service to autorun

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NewbieWanderer

New Around Here
Hello. I want to compile some small Golang app for this device and add it to autorun. Don't have the app now, so right now i'm just testing with a small script that does almost nothing - just creates a dir. Suppose - if i could autorun this script then i could use the same mechanism for autorun my app.

test.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
mkdir /jffs/someTestDir

I'm not sure how to do this - there is no /etc/init.d or systemctl. I have tried some things like this and this. The problem - there is no scripts dir in /jffs, no Persistent JFFS2 partition section in my Administartion/System page, no such key as jffs2_scripts in nvram and if i do nvram set jffs2_scripts="1"; nvram commit; reboot - no scripts dir is created or something. I tried to create a cron job, but it not survives a reboot - cru l is empty after this. The wiki says about available scripts like services-start. Not sure where are they available - i have only those i have created. Tried to make services-start with cron job that starts test.sh - nothing, again. I'm out of ideas how to add something to autorun in this device

This router doesn't have Asuswrt-Merlin firmware available for it. It runs stock Asuswrt.

Since the RT-AX57 Go has a USB port, the "asusware-usbmount" scripting may work to execute "/jffs/scripts-startup.sh" on USB mount.
I tried to do something like nvram set script_usbmount="/bin/sh /jffs/scripts/test.sh"; nvram commit; reboot, then pluged usb in (it mounts automatically in /tmp/mnt/), but it didn't work. Where is "asusware-usbmount"?

I tried to do something like nvram set script_usbmount=

The nvram variable "script_usbmount" auto-mount method no longer works - "asd" (or perhaps another daemon) nukes the variable's content.

Where is "asusware-usbmount"?

As the text at the link states - "How to use this
Download asusware-usbmount.zip then extract asusware.arm directory to the root of your USB storage device."

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!