What's new

RT-AX58U - Currently have Merlin 3004.388.7 - Want to revert back to factory/stock image to sell

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bh56

New Around Here
I have a RT-AX58U and want to revert back to the stock image to sell it.
I've tried using the latest firmware restoration. I go into recovery mode, but each time it says it's not in recovery mode.

I've searched a number of postings that don't seem to work. I use the 192.168.50.xx, as the router is 192.168.50.1. I've used 192.168.1.xx
None seem to work.
Appreciate anyone's insight on how to get back to stock firmware

I have a RT-AX58U and want to revert back to the stock image to sell it.
I've tried using the latest firmware restoration. I go into recovery mode, but each time it says it's not in recovery mode.

I've searched a number of postings that don't seem to work. I use the 192.168.50.xx, as the router is 192.168.50.1. I've used 192.168.1.xx
None seem to work.
Appreciate anyone's insight on how to get back to stock firmware
Can you access the router's GUI (Graphical User Interface)?
If you can, then as the prior poster indicated just flash the stock Asus firmware using the manual firmware update option.

When using the firmware restoration tool, you typically have to change the IP address on the local computer that is directly connected (using Ethernet wire) to the router you are trying to use the restoration tool against. See 2. Change Network adapter Settings in the Rescue Mode link in your OP post. Then you have to put the router into Rescue Mode by following the directions in 3. Set up the Router Rescue Mode in the Rescue Mode directions.

I don't have a real computer with me at the moment, but is it not the AX58 that requires you to flash back to an older version of stock firmware, then update to recent stock?

I don't have a real computer with me at the moment, but is it not the AX58 that requires you to flash back to an older version of stock firmware, then update to recent stock?

Yes. You must flash ASUS RT-AX58U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.45898 before you proceed to the latest stock firmware. These firmwares are all on the Asus official site for your model.