What's new

Release RT-AX86U Pro Version 3.0.0.6.102_34319 09OCT24

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bbunge

Part of the Furniture
RT-AX86U_Pro : 3.0.0.6.102_34319 available via router upgrade in GUI.

Well, it has been a day and there is still no info on the Asus web sites for this release! Another reports the update can't be done from the router GUI. Was the update pulled? I'm running a day with no issues here. Guess we will have to wait a bit for some news? I see no reason to roll back a version...yet...

Last edited:
Here are the details. Still only available through UI for now.

Firmware version 3.0.0.6_102_34319-gf46a729_403-gd851b
- Release Note -

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:

1. Optimized memory management mechanisms, improving system efficiency and stability.

2. Strengthened input validation and data processing workflows, further protecting your information security.

3. Improved web rendering engine, enhancing browsing experience and security.

4. Enhanced security of system command processing to guard against potential malicious operations.

5. Perfected JavaScript-related security mechanisms, offering a more secure web interaction environment

Last edited:
Here are the details. Still only available through UI for now.
<snip>
So basically the same changes/updates as in other recently released firmware's.

So basically the same changes/updates as in other recently released firmware's.

Yep the same across the board. I will give it a go on Friday after work.

I will give it a go on Friday after work.
Will probably do the same when it hits the support page for download. Been waiting for the next 3006.102.x to drop before taking another look at the 3006 firmware and it's various "new" features.

File is not on the site nor does the router download the new firmware.

As of now the file is not on the official site. I did download and install from the UI. Router came back up with the new version and it's working so far. I will do a factory reset tomorrow after work just for sanity sake.

File is not on the site...
Correct. This was mentioned in previous posts and its something that routinely happens. Asus occasionally releases a firmware to the router update channel but waits a few hours to a day or so before releasing or propagating that update to their various website/web pages for manual download. Usually its just a day delay between router update release and Asus website update indicating link to download. This time for what ever reason it's been several days for this router.

Last edited:
RT-AX86U_Pro : 3.0.0.6.102_34319 available via router upgrade in GUI.

Well, it has been a day and there is still no info on the Asus web sites for this release! Another reports the update can't be done from the router GUI. Was the update pulled? I'm running a day with no issues here. Guess we will have to wait a bit for some news? I see no reason to roll back a version...yet...
Updated through GUI. IPv6 seems broken. Button reset and reconfiguration seems to have improved IPv6 but not fully. Native on EPB fiber.

Not sure if this is related but now I keep losing the SSL certificate. It's there in my user certificates, but CHrome keeps complaining invalid cert authority. If I re-export and add, then Chrome works for a day, then start complaining again.

With the Asus delay in posting the upgrade info to their web site, I began to suspect they had pulled the version. So, last night I rolled back a version and factory reset and began to manually configure the router. And version 3.0.0.6.102_34319 was detected as an upgrade, it downloaded and installed successfully. For me it runs very well so I guess we will have to wait for Asus to post to their web sites.

Yesterday, my router updated the firmware through the web page. Been up for 21 hours no problems, even the system log looks the same.

Factory reset after work reconfigured all settings. Seems good, fast smooth no issues as of now. Strange it has not propagated to the official Asus site by now. Guess Asus is busy building firmware for there 150 different router models. :oops:

After mine upgraded nothing but problems. Nobody can connect to the 5g band. I've done hard resets and no go. I'm going to have to hook old faithful AC68U up and upload the previous firmware again. I'm not sure whether to turn on auto update or not. Definitely didn't improve signal or memory function on mine. Ram use barely went above 500mb before. Now it doesn't go below 900mb, even on a reboot with nobody connected to wifi.

After mine upgraded nothing but problems. Nobody can connect to the 5g band. I've done hard resets and no go. I'm going to have to hook old faithful AC68U up and upload the previous firmware again. I'm not sure whether to turn on auto update or not. Definitely didn't improve signal or memory function on mine. Ram use barely went above 500mb before. Now it doesn't go below 900mb, even on a reboot with nobody connected to wifi.

Strange working fine here no issues with the 5Ghz band or connections.

I upgraded to 3.0.0.6.102_34319 too by check update. All 30 devices working fine over WiFi 5/AX and 2.4. 20 on Vlan 52 with Ovpn and its dns. 1 Iptv android device over wan with dot nextdns.
Some with WG and its dns. All good. I had to keep it simple for my overview, because Vlan is fun but it takes some time to figure out and not to Vlan everything. In time rmerlin will drop his FW, because stock UI is a bit slow but doable when itis settled.

Bit of a head scratcher that it's been four days now and still no mention of this firmware version on the Asus RT-AX86U Pro support firmware page nor a link to download it. Cannot recall off hand of this happening before were Asus went multiple days without updating their web pages to reflect firmware that was available to the router's internal update method/channel. Usually it seems like they went a few hours to maybe a day at most before the update was posted to their main support page and also propagated across their various country specific support web pages.

Bit of a head scratcher that it's been four days now and still no mention of this firmware version on the Asus RT-AX86U Pro support firmware page nor a link to download it. Cannot recall off hand of this happening before were Asus went multiple days without updating their web pages to reflect firmware that was available to the router's internal update method/channel. Usually it seems like they went a few hours to maybe a day at most before the update was posted to their main support page and also propagated across their various country specific support web pages.

Yes i just checked and was kinda shocked it was still not available. Maybe this is a new trend with Asus possibly using the UI only for upgrades.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!