What's new

RT-AX86U with latest version 3004.388.8_2 always crash and reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have 3 of these routers and experience lockups on one of them. This one becomes unreachable after a few weeks.
This one is under light load.

The other two are under medium load and sometimes start disconnecting / reconnecting the clients every few minutes.
After a reboot it's working again for a few days to weeks.

A factory reset didn't help.

After finding this post I downgraded from the 2 to the 0 version again to see if it helps.

Just my 2 cents
is this version more stable ? could you help to share your result/updates for us?
and I have downgrade to `3004.388.7` from 388.8.2, it also works well without any config changes.
it works 12 days now without any reboot or crash info(and 388.8.2 can't work more than 1 weeks).

I'm running an ASUS RT-AX86U Pro on Merlin 3004.388.8. It was a clean firmware install of a new router at that time. ZERO issues whatsoever; it's been solid as can be. (I haven't bothered to update to 3004.388.8.2 since it was a very minor update that wouldn't affect me.)

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!