What's new

Release RT-AX88U Pro 3.0.0.6.102_33309

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Correct the title because it is a version for the Pro model

Just as broken as the previous version.

Long guest network WiFi keys are truncated to 3 to 32 characters on reboot. This breaks the strong 63 character guest network passwords I use for my IoT devices. Guest Network Pro WiFi keys are now limited to 32 characters on this version and ALL Asus 3.0.0.6.* firmware versions. The limit on Merlin 3004.388.8_2 and Asus 3.0.0.4.* is a proper 64 characters.

This firmware version is unusable for me. Thank you Merlin for keeping the 3004.* branch updated. All of the 3.0.0.6.* Asus firmware versions have had this issue for more than a year, so I don't think Asus will fix it. I have to downgrade my network security and reprogram all of my devices to short WiFi keys if I ever want to run the 3.0.0.6.* branch. I hope Merlin can fix it when he releases his 3006.* version for this model.

Just as broken as the previous version.
Well it does say the vulnerability was the only thing fixed, so wouldn’t you expect other bugs to still be there?

I’m just shocked that it’s been 8 months since the last version and this is all they’ve fixed.

But so far for me, with 3 units in a mesh, no obvious issues. Same as the previous version as far as I can tell.

Well it does say the vulnerability was the only thing fixed, so wouldn’t you expect other bugs to still be there?

I’m just shocked that it’s been 8 months since the last version and this is all they’ve fixed.

But so far for me, with 3 units in a mesh, no obvious issues. Same as the previous version as far as I can tell.

I would not expect a consumer router firmware to have a verbose changelog between versions. I would be surprised if there were not quite a few minor updates that were not worth mentioning to an end user with 8 months between updates.

I will continue to try each new firmware as it is published to see if I can upgrade to the 3.0.0.6.* branch and report my findings here, as I do not see anyone else reporting this issue. It is my hope that possibly Asus or Merlin will see this and provide a fix.

One issue I noticed is the connect time of devices in the wireless log does not work.
System Log > Wireless Log
I found a workaround as the time is also being counted on the Network Map page.
Click on "View List" where is says Clients and that list has the correct time of how long clients have been connected and updates correctly.

Screenshot 2024-08-22 080150.jpg

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!