What's new

Release RT-AX86U Pro Version 3.0.0.6.102_34319 09OCT24 (2024/10/16 ?)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

After mine upgraded nothing but problems. Nobody can connect to the 5g band. I've done hard resets and no go. I'm going to have to hook old faithful AC68U up and upload the previous firmware again. I'm not sure whether to turn on auto update or not. Definitely didn't improve signal or memory function on mine. Ram use barely went above 500mb before. Now it doesn't go below 900mb, even on a reboot with nobody connected to wifi.

My home ASUS RT-AX86U Pro was updated yesterday through auto-update and has similar issues. Specifically, it's random dropouts on 5ghz and a slow handshake if it does connect. 2.4ghz, no problems. Multiple reboots; I haven't attempted any resets but will attempt to flashback.

My home ASUS RT-AX86U Pro was updated yesterday through auto-update and has similar issues. Specifically, it's random dropouts on 5ghz and a slow handshake if it does connect. 2.4ghz, no problems. Multiple reboots; I haven't attempted any resets but will attempt to flashback.
For the folks having 5 GHz issues - if you are forcing 160 MHz, don't. Drop back to 80 MHz and try that or 20-40-80-160 MHz on a non DFS channel. Try fixing to channel 36. Use WPA2-Personal. A factory reset with manual reconfigure may be in order and other than setting the SSID for SmartConnect leave the WIFI settings at default.

For the folks having 5 GHz issues - if you are forcing 160 MHz, don't. Drop back to 80 MHz and try that or 20-40-80-160 MHz on a non DFS channel. Try fixing to channel 36. Use WPA2-Personal. A factory reset with manual reconfigure may be in order and other than setting the SSID for SmartConnect leave the WIFI settings at default.
Agreed.
Recommended Non-DFS Channels: 36, 40, 44, 48, 149, 153, 157, and 161. Channels 149, 153, 157, 161 can transmit at up to 900mw which is good for larger coverage areas (most people). See:

Last edited:
The article above is mentioning North America (5GHz band), but in fact there are differences between countries. For example Ch. 36-48 in the US allow up to 1000mW, in Canada up to 200mW. In Europe Ch. 149-161 is generally not available, 2.4GHz band is up to 100mW, etc. Not too many people know, but the same model routers in different regions may perform differently. General advice about channels doesn't apply to everyone and Wi-Fi planning in different regions is quite different.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!