What's new

RT-AX88U Pro - DDNS has been registered + Asus Android App

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elrengo

Regular Contributor
Hi!
My Original RT-AC3100 router with merlin is broken. I had registered in that router a ddns domain. Today has arrived my new router, RT-AX88U Pro. I want to configure mine always ddns doming I received the message, ddns has been registered.

It's impossible to unregister the domain in my original AC3100. Looking for I found a method with android app, but in my android app I cannot transfer it. Exist any procedure to use my ddns?
Thanks!

You can contact Asus tech support to get it released.

Thanks! I did it. I hope in the answer. I came back with the result.

It's impossible to unregister the domain in my original AC3100
I think @RMerlin is right. As the manager and keeper of the DDNS servers, Asus is the only ones who can "release" the (sub)-domain.

Note the term "release". It is unlikely Asus will "transfer" a DDNS (sub)-domain to a different router, because the Asus DDNS record is somehow tied to specific hardware (perhaps S/N or MAC).

If your AC router were still working, you would 1st "release" the DDNS (sub)-domain. Then, on the new AX88U-PRO, you would "claim" the same (sub)-domain name and "register" it. And, it may take a day or 2 for the "release" to be effective. (Been there - done that).

Hope this post adds some clarity.