What's new

RT-AX88U_3004_388.7_0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shahzada

Occasional Visitor
Having weird problems after updating to this firmware. RT-AX88U_3004_388.7_0
1 router randomly will become unresponsive, until i reboot.
2 youtube ( on wifi ) and stuff will work but wont browse anything on websites on lan.
Even gateway page becomes unresponsive.
If i leave it for 20 30 minutes starts working. Otherwise need to reboot any suggestions please can i downgrade to older firmware ? Or update to beta version ?

Just downgraded to the previous firmware. Similar problems, - the wifi suddenly drops, or there's no traffic for a bit, - cannot ping the router, etc....- would have to turn off / turn on the router for it to work again....- the previous version was stable.

I'm having the same wifi drops as well. Fourth nith now. Will try to downgrade.

Did one of you tried a factory reset and a clean installation after upgrading to 388.7?

Did one of you tried a factory reset and a clean installation after upgrading to 388.7?
I agree with the factory reset. No such issues here.

I had done a soft factory reset from within when I had installed it initially. But after reading a number of the comments on the other thread that it's working fine - with a reset. I've just upgraded it again back to 3004_388.7_0, and did a method 2 hard factory reset, and redid the configuration. I'll report back in a few days if its stable or issues develop.

Did the downgrade on the firmware and it seems to much more stable,
Logging into gateway is much more response now as well

Just downgraded to the previous firmware. Similar problems, - the wifi suddenly drops, or there's no traffic for a bit, - cannot ping the router, etc....- would have to turn off / turn on the router for it to work again....- the previous version was stable.
i usually don't do factory resets after each firmware update, usually rebooting afterward have no issues this is the first facing all this. might be worth just skipping one and test on the next stable release.
And if it continues to behave same will do the reset.

Version 3004_388.6_2 is stable for me. At the moment though, I have upgraded to 3004_388.7_0 and did the hardware factory reset, then reconfigured everything from scratch. Will see how it goes. If it crashes in a couple of days, I'll just downgrade again, and wait for another update.

1715090854391.png

1715090863784.png

3 cores are at 100 CPU usage

Something other than the firmware is causing this. Is this immediately after a reboot? Did you do the factory reset? What scripts are you running? We need more info rather than just blame a very stable firmware.
Login via ssh and run "top". See what's actually running up your cpu.

Uae your router credentials

If your normal login details for the gui aren't working then the router is definitely ready for the reset.

Clearly samba is struggling with the usb drive you have connected. It may be failing, so connect the drive to rescue what files you can then run a disk check on it. It's not a flash drive is it?

Clearly samba is struggling with the usb drive you have connected. It may be failing, so connect the drive to rescue what files you can then run a disk check on it. It's not a flash drive is it?
the weird thing is no drive is connected, Samba was enabled but i removed my hard drive more than week ago as i had to use it somewhere and new drive i haven't even plugged it in

That fault will clear by disabling the usb drive share, but honestly this router is ready for the reset. That's all I can advise now.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!