What's new

RT-N56U: 5 bars with 2.4g, but cannot connect. No prob with 5g or other 2.4g router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bergkamp11

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting clients to the 2.4g network produced by a RT-N56U router.

The clients can view this network with 5 bars, but cannot connect, even with firewalls down and no router network security.

5g capable clients can connect to my RT-N56U 5g secured network with no problem.

All my clients can connect to a 2.4g network from my old gigabyte GN-B49G router. This is with the same open WEP 64k security, 802.11g only at 20MHz on channel 6, just a different SSID.

Eventually I am hoping to extend my 2.4 network by using GN-B49G as an access point, with RT-N56U as the router connected to the cable internet modem.

Is there some magic setting I need to set? What could be the issue here?

Thanks for your help

Same problem

I'm having the exact same problem. Were you able to work out the settings to get connection with 2.4g, or was it a defective router?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!