What's new

RT-N66U Cannot alter DHCP Range

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Guys, this seems to be a really weird problem. I can confirm that setting of DHCP range and manual assignment is working perfectly on my router. But looking on the screen capture posted above I've got an idea:

legacyofbob, please try first to apply the new DHCP range by pushing the "Apply" button and then try to enter manually assigned IP addresses. The sequence should look like this:

1. Enter custom DHCP range. Note: this range should be a SUBSET of the whole range, the example from the screen capture you posted is fine.

2. Push "APPLY"

3. Enable manual assignment. The example from the screen capture you posted is fine - your manual assignment have been already enabled.

4. Push "APPLY"

5. Enter manually assigned IP addresses. Note: each manual IP SHALL be out of DHCP range already defined above, the example from the screen capture you posted is fine.

6. Push "APPLY".

My theory is that the error happens because you are trying to manually assign an IP address which IS WITHIN the current DHCP range, as the new DHCP range has not been assigned yet. That will be fixed if you push the "APPLY" button to define the custom DHCP range BEFORE applying any manual IP assignments.

I'm sorry I can not test my proposal now, as I am not at home now and the router is also being heavily used now by other family members.

Thanks for the suggestion but this doesn't work either. I can't apply any change to the dhcp page at all. Even when I click on the "LAN" menu on the left navigation pane I start getting javascript errors:

dhcp-issue5.jpg

Then when I click on the DHCP tab I get more errors:

dhcp-issue6.jpg

I think there is something wrong with my configuration. I debating trying Merlin's firmware or something like DD-WRT at this point.

Thanks for the suggestion but this doesn't work either. I can't apply any change to the dhcp page at all. Even when I click on the "LAN" menu on the left navigation pane I start getting javascript errors:
Then when I click on the DHCP tab I get more errors:
I think there is something wrong with my configuration. I debating trying Merlin's firmware or something like DD-WRT at this point.

Hm-m-m this is really weird. I have no any other ideas except to re-flash the FW or (it would be much better) flash some Merlin build.

And you get this from various browsers and different machines as well?

I'm wondering if its a weird adblocker or java out of date, etc problems.

Maybe try disabling all extensions, clearing browser caches, and letting us know about different browsers & machines.

But yes maybe you got a corrupt or unstable f/w loaded too? Can't hurt to reflash back to last stable OEM release and reset router post f/w change.