What's new

RT-N66u for small biz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vafan13

New Around Here
Heya,

Need to replace an older, dying linksys router. I'm about to pull the trigger on an RT-N66u but want to see if there's anything that would be a better choice. We already have a separate Sonicwall tz series acting as firewall and whatnot so I'm not worried about that part. I'm also not at all worried about AC at this point as I'm still fighting to get boss to make sure new laptops even have N.

My main concerns are good signal range and being able to handle a decent number of people connecting, as well as stability. I have used open source firmwares on routes before (mostly wrt54gs back in the day) and am "open" to doing so again, if warranted.

thanks for the help,

Chris

Last edited:
maybe you want a an access point not a router, and place that centrally or on a ceiling tile?

yeah I really only need an AP but wanted to get a router for the flexibility. If I went for just an AP what would you suggest?

edit: hmm, now I'm thinking of just buying a bridge and connecting it with an e4200 I can bring over to the main building. Was looking at grabbing a WES610n, is there a better option for a bridge to connect to the e4200 or is this the one to get?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online