What's new

RT-N66U not identifying as Gigabit on SB6141?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Make sure your Ethernet cable is Cat5e or Cat6.

Also, I believe the Ethernet port on the modem can be forced into 100 Mbits. Make sure that isn't the case by accessing your modem web interface.

Make sure your Ethernet cable is Cat5e or Cat6.

Also, I believe the Ethernet port on the modem can be forced into 100 Mbits. Make sure that isn't the case by accessing your modem web interface.

All cables are Cat6. Previous modem (SB6121) correctly identified the RT-N66U's WAN port as Gigabit. I've been through the modem's web interface and haven't found any port speed setting options but I will look again. Thanks for replying!

Thanks. I ordered a new cable just in case. Perhaps the unit has issues?

The real question is what difference it makes in performance...anyone know?

I've seen quite a few reports of Motorola modems only reporting Fast Ethernet speed. I suspect that your ISP might be forcing the modem to 100 Mbits max through a customized firmware.

Unless your Internet connection is faster than 80-90 Mbits, I wouldn't worry about it.

I've seen quite a few reports of Motorola modems only reporting Fast Ethernet speed. I suspect that your ISP might be forcing the modem to 100 Mbits max through a customized firmware.

Unless your Internet connection is faster than 80-90 Mbits, I wouldn't worry about it.

Makes sense.

I'm at 50 now and have no plans to go higher.

The aesthetics suck though - always catches my eye FLASHING orange like there's a problem or something, lol

-kj-

Makes sense.

I'm at 50 now and have no plans to go higher.

The aesthetics suck though - always catches my eye FLASHING orange like there's a problem or something, lol

-kj-

Someone ask Motorola to implement StealthMode :D