What's new

RT-N66U-Traffic, which PC is using?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rirusssma

Regular Contributor
We have this Router which has 4 PC's wired to it, is there a way to know though the Traffic Manager or otherwise which of the 4 PC's moving the Data?
Here is a picture of our Traffic Monitor. Thanks.:)

ASUSTrafic.jpg

Have you enabled the Tools, Other Settings switch for Per IPTraffic?

No, had not enabled that option. This is what I did after reading your post. This will give me a report every hour or so, by this I understand that there is no live view of the IP using the data?

Is my setting correct?

ASUSTrafic2.jpg

No, had not enabled that option. This is what I did after reading your post. This will give me a report every hour or so, by this I understand that there is no live view of the IP using the data?

Yes, IPTraffic also has a Realtime page.

Is my setting correct?

It's the first time, so you must also tell it to reset/create the data file at the bottom.

Where could the IPTraffic Realtime page be found? I've looked every option and seems that I missed it.:confused:

Where could the IPTraffic Realtime page be found? I've looked every option and seems that I missed it.:confused:

Traffic monitor tab then click on the drop down arrow on the right and select per device.

Attachments

• traffic.jpg
    traffic.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 304
Very cool. I was unaware that you could set up traffic monitoring that was IP-specific (i.e., by device) with so many different options (real time, daily, monthly), etc.. Very nice.

Is there any "hit" though to using RAM to store the information; I'm not interestest in saving the data, just looking at it from time to time for a real-time check. I don't want or need to save it to a USB disk, but does enabling the IP-specific monitoring cause any adverse effects on RAM? I can't see any negative impact that would affect performance based on the crude percentage graph on the Network Map page, but just wondering if it causes any RAM overflow if this is used long term.

Is there any "hit" though to using RAM to store the information; I'm not interestest in saving the data, just looking at it from time to time for a real-time check. I don't want or need to save it to a USB disk, but does enabling the IP-specific monitoring cause any adverse effects on RAM? I can't see any negative impact that would affect performance based on the crude percentage graph on the Network Map page, but just wondering if it causes any RAM overflow if this is used long term.

The database only takes a few KBs.

Traffic monitor tab then click on the drop down arrow on the right and select per device.

Yes, I didn't look there after changing the Traffic History settings!!

Thank you ALL for such great help. :)