What's new

Suspicious Outgoing traffic on RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@arturk have you tried Instant Guard App by Asus? I use it regularly on my iphone to establish vpn connection from cellular network to home lan. I assume Asus should also have its Instant Guard App published on Google Play.

I am leaving shortly

It depends on where are you going, but I had issues in Africa and South America. I have an OpenVPN server running on 443/TCP, it gets scanned and tested by bots many times per hour, but allows some basic filtering avoidance. No one got in yet. Doesn't help with more advanced DPI filtering.

have you tried Instant Guard App by Asus?

Instant Guard is just a marketing name, in fact made user-friendly setup of IPSec VPN on common know port. Not good if someone wants to prevent this type of VPN connections. Basic filtering will cut it off just like PPTP on common known port. Works well in most places in EU/US/Canada though.

@arturk have you tried Instant Guard App by Asus? I use it regularly on my iphone to establish vpn connection from cellular network to home lan. I assume Asus should also have its Instant Guard App published on Google Play.
I have not until you mentioned it. I set up IPSec VPN Server on the router and now I am able to use Instant Guard on my phone.
Thanks for the tip!

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!