What's new

RTAC 3200 inverted Lan ports????

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wsarahan

Hi guys how are you?

I have an issue here, Please if you can give me a light

I think the ports of my router are inverted, I mean, the Lan port 1 is acting like the lan port 4....

I'm saying this because the port besides the wan one is the Lan number 4 right? But when I enable the dual wan at the router and select the Lan port 4 to activate as a dual wan port the one that is working like the number 4 is the port near the power button, in this case the Lan port number 1......

If I Switch the cable to the correct Lan port 4 the dual wan stop working

Can someone help me? :confused:

sure. It may well be that the lights (LEDs) don't run in the same left-to-right order as the LAN sockets.

Just observe the LEDs as you unplug a cable. It'll go dark, unplugged.

The order, L-to-R matters not.

The user manual will tell you which port becomes the 2nd WAN port.

sure. It may well be that the lights (LEDs) don't run in the same left-to-right order as the LAN sockets.

Just observe the LEDs as you unplug a cable. It'll go dark, unplugged.

The order, L-to-R matters not.

The user manual will tell you which port becomes the 2nd WAN port.

If I unplug a cable at lan 1 in the back the 1 in the front goes dark, it's correct.

Something is making the system invert the connections at dual wan

Any other suggestion?

Thanks

I just spent 10 minutes in the user manual for this glitzy router.
The DUAL WAN page's instructions are politely, terse to a fault; clarifying: they have yet to write this section.

I'd use one of the phone numbers in the back of the user manual and call.

I think I would have read the user manual before purchasing and would elect to wait a year before buying this thing.

I just spent 10 minutes in the user manual for this glitzy router.
The DUAL WAN page's instructions are politely, terse to a fault; clarifying: they have yet to write this section.

I'd use one of the phone numbers in the back of the user manual and call.

I think I would have read the user manual before purchasing and would elect to wait a year before buying this thing.

Yes i was looking at the manual right now and nothing, the ports arereally inverted when you use dual wan

I can`t call Asus, i was at USA till yesteday and bougght there, i live in Brazil, no Asus support for this one here

@RMerlin, can you check this for us? This inverted ports dual wan? When you select as example por 4 to use as a wan you need to plug the cable at port one, the other side of the router....

Thanks guys, any help will be nice, and before you ask i already made a factory restore :(

Went back with my 87U just to see if ports was inverted too at dual wan and no, the 87U works as it should, someone have the initial build firmware of the 3200 just to see if it`s a FW issue? I`ll downgrade mine so

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!